Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Summary Block: How can I set the Carousel to "autoplay"?

jasonbarone
Go to solution Solved by clayyount,

Question

I love the new Summary Block carousel. I'm curious if it's possible to "autoplay" the carousel much like galleries can do. I know this is possible using Developer Platform galleries, but would love to be able to use with Block Carousels.

Edited by rhyann

Founder at Squarefront, the global community of Squarespace builders. I'm building products and services for the Squarespace platform and documenting everything on YouTube. I've been working with the platform since 2008 and my work with Squarespace led to me being hired by Uber where I spent over 5 years working on the web, design and content platform teams. 

Need help with Squarespace? Send me an email! Otherwise connect with me on TwitterInstagram, or Linkedin.

• Answers 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Add to Page Settings > Advanced > Header <script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.5.0/jquery.min.js"></script> <script> $(document).ready(function() {

--I'm not a coder-- but I mixed code from a couple of answers and got this to work in the updated 2019 SS. Note: It does not work in the preview and you have to view your site from an incognito window

@bheiberg change from 10000 to something like 5000 the lower, the faster "timeout":10000,  

On 7/9/2020 at 10:57 PM, brusselsprouts said:

I'm another person trying to get a Reel slideshow to autoplay in 7.1. I've seen a few answers floating around, but none seem to be working for me. Have folks confirmed that the code above shared by @Andrei and @tuanphan makes autoplay work for slideshow blocks in 7.1? If yes, I'm seeing people post that it works either when injected in the footer of the whole site or under advanced settings for a particular page — which is working? 

And maybe I'm completely missing something here, but should the slug added to target your gallery be your page ID (e.g. collection ID found in body tag) or section id for the gallery itself? 🙃

If you share link to your site, I can give the code to make gallery reel autoplay.

22 minutes ago, nicolettely said:

I can't get this to work either. Using 7.1. Help please? Thank you!

shannonturnercakes.com

pw: stc2020

Can you share link to page where you use summary block?

You can send your question to my email to get detail answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- Pour your heart into it

On 8/11/2020 at 2:32 AM, xallarap said:

Hi @tuanphan, I am also trying to make a summary carousel autoplay in 7.1, would you be able to take a look at this page? Thanks!

https://triceratops-maroon-kxrm.squarespace.com/home

pw: nailed

Add to Page Settings > Advanced > Header

<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.5.0/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script>
  $(document).ready(function() {
    try {
     var container = Y.one("#page-section-5f319a27fa5d637772c3c12a"); 
     var gallery = Y.Squarespace.GalleryManager.getGalleryByContainer(container);
     gallery.setAttrs({
       "autoplay":true,
       "autoplayOptions": {
         "timeout":2000, /*make this higher to decrease speed, lower to increase it*/
         "randomize": true
       }
     });
   } catch (e) {
     console.error("Could not configure Gallery autoplay.", e);
   }
});
</script>

You can send your question to my email to get detail answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

On 8/11/2020 at 2:32 AM, xallarap said:

Hi @tuanphan, I am also trying to make a summary carousel autoplay in 7.1, would you be able to take a look at this page? Thanks!

https://triceratops-maroon-kxrm.squarespace.com/home

pw: nailed

Sorry, didnt get the notification. Do you still need help on this?

1 hour ago, jcsport123 said:

@tuanphan I'm trying to make autoscroll work for my site?  What could should I add?  elevateptr.com.  Thank you!!!!

Add to Home > Settings > Advanced > Code Injection > Footer

<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.5.0/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script>
  $(document).ready(function() {
    try {
     var container = Y.one("div#page-section-5f3e088ea1068224988e22e0"); /*change this to the slug of your page*/
     var gallery = Y.Squarespace.GalleryManager.getGalleryByContainer(container);
     gallery.setAttrs({
       "autoplay":true,
       "autoplayOptions": {
         "timeout":3000, /*make this higher to decrease speed, lower to increase it*/
         "randomize": true
       }
     });
   } catch (e) {
     console.error("Could not configure Gallery autoplay.", e);
   }
});
</script>