Five: How to hide the Page Title for a specific page?

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

These fixed it. You can hide the homepage specifically, or any page using its Collection ID.

/* Hide page title on Home page */body.homepage.banner-content-page-title-description #page-title-wrapper { visibility: hidden;}

/* Hide page title on a specific page (using Collection ID) */

collection-50962a10e4b0a9a199908fb5 #page-title-wrapper {

visibility: hidden;}

• 1 year later...
  • Solution

You can also add this code to the Page Settings Header code injection:

<style>
#page-title-wrapper {
visibility: hidden; }
</style>

This will only affect the page where this code is added.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm having the SAME PROBLEM but these solutions arent working for me :(I'm totally new to squarespace & am quickly becomming frustrated - can anyone help??

Ill attach a screen shot - not this it will help. Could this problem be a result of a specific search engine? (I am using Google Chrome) & am still in trial version of SS.

Any help appreciated!!

@jcuvdb @stevemcgee99

capture.jpg.506c3f89451411df9fc0bd2c04ff5163.jpg

Edited by jasoed
Initial Revision

I'm having the SAME PROBLEM but these solutions arent working for me :(I'm totally new to squarespace & am quickly becomming frustrated - can anyone help??

Ill attach a screen shot - not this it will help. Could this problem be a result of a specific search engine? (I am using Google Chrome) & am still in trial version of SS.

Any help appreciated!!

@jcuvdb @stevemcgee99

capture.jpg.8a45a195ab14d97e5efb52d88f3eb68f.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hiya,

I was able to resolve this (I wanted the page title to display but not the description so slightly opposite to your query!) by injecting this into the header code for the specific page:

<style> .page-description { display: none } </style>

I also wanted to hide the page title on a specific page so just switched in the .page-title for that one ie:

<style> .page-title { display: none } </style>

This does mess with the banner height a little but I'm working on that......!

I know this is an old question but it might help people like me who are scouring for answer :)

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Does anyone know how to change the Page Title not affecting the Banner Text- In Five Template the Page Title is displayed on the site as Banner Text. For SEO reasons; is there any possibility having a page title which is not equal to the banner text? Probably using a code injection.

Thanks so much!

• 2 years later...

I just successfully used <style> .homepage .page-title { display: none !important } </style> to hide the page title only on the homepage. I had to specify homepage because it was dropping the page titles on all subsequent pages without it. 

Edited by hunchback
Added to response.
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 12/3/2020 at 2:20 PM, sarahstrongarm said:

For anyone wanting to remove SHOP title using 7.1, none of the coding worked for me. You can click EDIT, go to the pencil in your shop section, scroll down until you see a toggle for category title. This will remove the shop title without coding!

THANK you so much - have spent way toooo long trying to find how to remove this title! It's not very clear what the name of that title is, hence had no idea what to search for. Thanks for posting this @sarahstrongarm 🙌🏼