Header video not loading quickly

On 1/29/2024 at 7:59 PM, tiffybennett1 said:

I didn't put a backup image in purposefully, because I didn't want it to be different to the start of the video, but it's just not playing fast enough.

Agree, the load speed is not the fastest. Try adding the first frame of your video as the fallback image. You can check my hero section for my website to see how it looks.

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

Melody | Squarespace Nerd
e: melody@melodylee.tech

💻 💁‍♀️ 1-2-1 Squarespace Training session <- feeling stuck and want to learn?
👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Website help <- send me your to-do list. From code to plugin to domain setup.
🧰 See the tools I use (contain affiliate links)
 Did I help? I like coffee (Thank you)

3 hours ago, melody495 said:

Agree, the load speed is not the fastest. Try adding the first frame of your video as the fallback image. You can check my hero section for my website to see how it looks.

Thanks for this. Yeah I was thinking this might be the only solution 

5 hours ago, tiffybennett1 said:

Thanks for this. Yeah I was thinking this might be the only solution 

You're welcome! It is recommended to add a fallback image regardless, for example in cases the video doesn't load on mobile. 

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Website help <- send me your to-do list. From code to plugin to domain setup.

2 hours ago, erotokritousimone said:

@melody495  Does adding a fallback image for desktop view disable the video for mobile? I want the video to play on mobile as well.

Hi, no, adding a fallback image doesn't disable the video for mobile. The fallback image is there in case the video doesn't or can't load for any reasons, for both desktop and mobile. 

The fallback image loads faster that the video, so I would always recommend having one.