Issue with promotional pop-up and "close" link highlighted

On both mobile and desktop the border around the "X" for closing the pop-up is highlighted. I can't figure out how to target this in Styles, or in custom CSS. Has this happened to anyone else? It's small, but it's the only thing our guests will see when they visit this page and it's glaringly the wrong color 🙂 

IMG_7421.jpg

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 10.21.40.png

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Seitanist said:

On both mobile and desktop the border around the "X" for closing the pop-up is highlighted.

This is a "focus outline" and it appears when you move around the site using the keyboard. It shouldn't appear when users are navigating with a pointer (like a mouse). This is an essential navigation tool for visitors with vision and movement disabilities so please don't try to disable it.

The contrasting white outline is added to the area of the page that has focus. Removing focus outlines can create issues for people navigating the web with a keyboard, and isn't recommended. In some territories, there are legal stipulations for accessibility so removing accessibility features may cause legal issues for the website owner.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

• 3 weeks later...