No folder in main navigation + options

Hi guys, when i try to create a main navigation page for my website, I go to the "+" to add a folder and this option is not present in the drop down. I only have a 'drop down' option plus a couple others. Can anyone help me get a folder happening as i really need to build some parent pages! Thanks 🙂

Hi, 

The folder option seems to be now replaced by a drop down (unless I am missing a vital piece of info).
Please see my recent post regarding that - there seems to be an issue with nesting pages within the drop down, though.

8 hours ago, AndreaK said:

The folder option seems to be now replaced by a drop down

This is correct. SS updated the icon and term in the UI.

8 hours ago, AndreaK said:

there seems to be an issue with nesting pages within the drop down, though

The post you reference is not available to me.

Dropdowns only allow one level deep.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 4 months later...
Posted (edited)

I have the same problem: no 'Folder' option in the admin panel, and the dropdown menu does not provide an adequate alternative. I want the main navigation item to link to a page (an overview of the subpages); the dropdown does not allow for this and leaves users with blind links. 

Edited by Van72