How can I change the "Pacific" tempate footer top & bottom padding

Go to solution Solved by MayaViolet,

I'm working with the Pacific tempate for a new site, but I'd like to reduce or totally eliminate the top & bottom padding in the footer. I would post the address, but it's currently "private". Can someone help me?

St. Luke's is a small but growing Catholic church and K-8 school in northwestern Ankeny, Iowa (a northern suburb of Des Moines).

11 minutes ago, St Lukes said:

I'm working with the Pacific tempate for a new site, but I'd like to reduce or totally eliminate the top & bottom padding in the footer. I would post the address, but it's currently "private". Can someone help me?

Hi @St Lukes, you can change the status to password protected following these instructions so that we can inspect the site directly to help you develop code to remove the padding correctly

• Solution
4 hours ago, St Lukes said:

Thanks @MayaViolet. I'd appreciate any help you can provide.

lute-harmonica-3bk2.squarespace.com
Test**Test

Hi @St Lukes - if you add the following code to the custom CSS panel, you will reduce the padding. You can also play around with changing the values from 0 to something like padding: 10px 0px (which would be 10px to top and bottom, or 0px to left and right), or event: 10px 0px 15px 0px (where the targeting direction goes top, right, bottom, left). Let me know if you have any questions!

.footer-inner {
padding: 0 !important;
}

My next question, "How can I change the Horizontal Rule padding in the Pacific template", would probably be easy for you.

St. Luke's is a small but growing Catholic church and K-8 school in northwestern Ankeny, Iowa (a northern suburb of Des Moines).

1 hour ago, St Lukes said:

My next question, "How can I change the Horizontal Rule padding in the Pacific template", would probably be easy for you.

By inspecting the element, I can see that the current horizontal rule block has a margin of (margin: 34px 0px) ( see attached screenshot). So, we could apply the following CSS to overrule that margin, of course adjusting similar to padding to match the exact pixel height you'd like.

.sqs-block-horizontalrule hr {
margin: 0 !important;
}

Screenshot 2024-01-15 at 8.46.19 PM.png