CSS and Personal or Business plan

Go to solution Solved by Web_Solutions,

Hello. I’m new to Squarespace and website creating. I’ve been creating a site for my local choir using 7.1. It’s been mostly going well. But…I would like to hide the hamburger icon (or, better still, disable it) as it appears on Mobile. I am only using unlinked pages with buttons to the relevant pages (it’s a bilingual site and this version looks better than having the hamburger display a very clunky menu).As far as my searching for an answer to this, all answers appear to require CSS injection. I only have the personal plan and assume that I will need to upgrade to Business plan? If I do so, then am I correct in assuming that I can achieve this with some helpful person’s CSS advice?

I cannot publish the site full time right now as I need approval from the choir committee to do so. I have tried to use a sitewide password to get round this. But…it just keeps on asking me to Try Again. I don’t any password protected individual pages and have raised this (just now) via Squarespace email contact.

All advice gratefully received!

33 minutes ago, Maturinok said:

Hello. I’m new to Squarespace and website creating. I’ve been creating a site for my local choir using 7.1. It’s been mostly going well. But…I would like to hide the hamburger icon (or, better still, disable it) as it appears on Mobile. I am only using unlinked pages with buttons to the relevant pages (it’s a bilingual site and this version looks better than having the hamburger display a very clunky menu).As far as my searching for an answer to this, all answers appear to require CSS injection. I only have the personal plan and assume that I will need to upgrade to Business plan? If I do so, then am I correct in assuming that I can achieve this with some helpful person’s CSS advice?

I cannot publish the site full time right now as I need approval from the choir committee to do so. I have tried to use a sitewide password to get round this. But…it just keeps on asking me to Try Again. I don’t any password protected individual pages and have raised this (just now) via Squarespace email contact.

All advice gratefully received!

You no need to upgrade the current plan to a business plan. Custom CSS working on personal plan. The business plan will need for JS or jQuery code.

Edited by Web_Solutions

If my comments are useful, please like and mark my solution as answer. It will encourage me. Thanks

MD Rofik
Website Designer and Digital Marketer

Am I helpful? Want to offer me a coffee?
Send me a message if needed any help. I'll try to reply as soon as possible.

12 minutes ago, Maturinok said:

Thank you for your reply.

Can anyone help me with the actual code needed to hide/delete the hamburger on Mobile, please?

Can you share your website URL? If its not published yet, you can make the website password protected and share your website URL and the password.

Here are the instructions https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205815528-Site-wide-passwords#toc-set-a-site-wide-password

If my comments are useful, please like and mark my solution as answer. It will encourage me. Thanks

MD Rofik

Thank you. But, as I said in my original post, I've tried setting a system wide password which has worked...except that when I try to login to the site it just repeats "Please try again". I raised this yesterday with Squarespace via their email contact form and am awaiting a reply.

5 minutes ago, Maturinok said:

Thank you. But, as I said in my original post, I've tried setting a system wide password which has worked...except that when I try to login to the site it just repeats "Please try again". I raised this yesterday with Squarespace via their email contact form and am awaiting a reply.

Can you share the URL and password?

MD Rofik

8 minutes ago, Maturinok said:

Also, can you add these code on Custom CSS panel in Website Utilities Website Tools > Custom CSS? Let me know if it works.

.header-burger {
  display: none !important;
}

MD Rofik

• Solution
Just now, Web_Solutions said:

Also, can you add these code on Custom CSS panel in Website Utilities Website Tools > Custom CSS? Let me know if it works.

.header-burger {
}

Can you try with this code?

.header-burger {
}

MD Rofik

3 minutes ago, Maturinok said:

By heavens...your code worked! No more hamburger in the mobile version. Thank you so much. Brilliant!

Welcome!

MD Rofik