Jump to content

How to remove author profiles from entire site?

Go to solution Solved by creedon,

Recommended Posts

I imported blog content from a WordPress site, which resulted in multiple blank author profiles to show up on our blog. The names that are seen in this screenshot are the only people that have access to this site. How can I remove those blank lines entirely? 

Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 10.29.45 PM.png

Link to comment
  • Solution

Go to Settings > Permissions. Delete the unneeded Basic Authors. You will have a chance to assign the posts for each deleted Basic Authors to another.

It is a rather tedious process.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Link to comment
18 hours ago, creedon said:

Go to Settings > Permissions. Delete the unneeded Basic Authors. You will have a change to assign the posts for each deleted Basic Authors to another.

It is a rather tedious process.

 

This worked for the most part! I had to refresh the page after deleting each author, but this largely solved the issue. Thank you!

 

There is still one account that is showing up blank when I select an author on a blog post. But, when I go to Settings > Permissions, it appears as ",Key" and I can't remove it. 

Screenshot 2023-11-11 at 6.02.27 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-11-11 at 6.02.38 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-11-11 at 6.04.31 PM.png

Link to comment

When you remove an author you have to select one of the remaining authors to assign the post to.

In your case all the Key authors are now about to be deleted so you can't assign the post to them. Choose one of the remaining authors.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Link to comment
10 hours ago, creedon said:

When you remove an author you have to select one of the remaining authors to assign the post to.

In your case all the Key authors are now about to be deleted so you can't assign the post to them. Choose one of the remaining authors.

I've already re-assigned all posts to either Peace Restored Staff or Ann Madison. The ,Key profile is still there, but can't be deleted.

I'm at the point where I'm just going to accept that it's some kind of bug and not put any more effort into trying to solve this 😅

Link to comment
3 hours ago, chymer said:

I've already re-assigned all posts to either Peace Restored Staff or Ann Madison. The ,Key profile is still there, but can't be deleted.

In your screen recording, where you clicked delete, then you clicked on the drop down. Go ahead and select one of the authors. Then you'll be able to delete ",keys". 

In effect the blog posts with "blank" authors will be assigned to whoever you pick from the drop down. Allowing you to free the "blank" author to be deleted. 

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

Melody | Squarespace Website Developer
e: melody@melodylee.tech


💻 💁‍♀️ 1-2-1 Squarespace Training session <- feeling stuck and want to learn?
👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Customisation help <- send me your design
 Did I help? I like coffee (Thank you)
🧰 See the tools I use (may contain affiliate links)


 

Link to comment
On 11/16/2023 at 4:53 PM, melody495 said:

In your screen recording, where you clicked delete, then you clicked on the drop down. Go ahead and select one of the authors. Then you'll be able to delete ",keys". 

In effect the blog posts with "blank" authors will be assigned to whoever you pick from the drop down. Allowing you to free the "blank" author to be deleted. 

Oh my goshhhhh, I feel ridiculous. I guess I should have read that popup a little closer 🤣

 

Thank you! 

Link to comment
16 hours ago, chymer said:

Oh my goshhhhh, I feel ridiculous. I guess I should have read that popup a little closer 🤣

Thank you! 

It happens to the best of us 😄 glad it's all working for you now!

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

Melody | Squarespace Website Developer
e: melody@melodylee.tech


💻 💁‍♀️ 1-2-1 Squarespace Training session <- feeling stuck and want to learn?
👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Customisation help <- send me your design
 Did I help? I like coffee (Thank you)
🧰 See the tools I use (may contain affiliate links)


 

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

×
×
  • Create New...

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.