Domain Transfer from Network Solutions - Now sitemap Fetch Problem - "Sitemap can be read, but has errors" Google Search Console

I've had a web page for years now and always had it hosted on Network Solutions and the domain was purchased through Network Solutions. Last year I created a new website on Squarespace and have the domain on Network Solutions point to the URL that squarespace assigns, this way it shows my business URL and not the one Squarespace assigns. I recently moved the domain over to Squarespace and now when I'm in the Google Search Counsol and submit the sitemap, I get the error "sitemap can't be read" and below " This url is not allowed for a Sitemap at this location. " Its basically showing the assigned URL and not the new domain that was transferred over. I'm thinking its some sort of setting that I'm missing, but I can't figure it out. When looking at sitemap live on GSC it shows up, which is good. But I need to be able to submit pages to GSC and not get errors.

GSG Sitemap Error.jpg

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You should be submitting the sitemap under the primary domain for your website, not the built-in Squarespace domain, can you try connecting your primary domain to GSC and then submitting the sitemap via that property?

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?