Favicon still shows a Wordpress logo??

My old side was Wordpress and had its own Favicon for the last 10 years.  For some reason even though I've uploaded a proper Favicon meeting all the Sqspc specs, I'm now getting a Wordpress logo Favicon.  That is strange since I never had that while using Wordpress and I've updated here in Sqspc.  Has anyone else seen this issue before?

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

11 hours ago, CassAggett said:

It's possible that it's just not updated everywhere, or you're seeing a cached version?

Have you requested Google to reindex your site?

I went to Google Search Console and it looks like the site is still indexing, I'm guessing a day or 2 should be enough and it's been since Saturday that I started that process.  I'll check it tomorrow and see if Console still shows indexing.  In Chrome, it's updated, but in Safari it's still showing that odd Wordpress Favicon.  I've cleared cache in Safari but it's still the same result.  I guess I'll wait a few more days and keep watching for it.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, Turbiville said:

I went to Google Search Console and it looks like the site is still indexing, I'm guessing a day or 2 should be enough and it's been since Saturday that I started that process.  I'll check it tomorrow and see if Console still shows indexing.  In Chrome, it's updated, but in Safari it's still showing that odd Wordpress Favicon.  I've cleared cache in Safari but it's still the same result.  I guess I'll wait a few more days and keep watching for it.  Thanks!

@Turbiville - perfect. I'm not an expert but if it's already changed in one browser I reckon that's a good sign!

If this helped you, please like or mark my solution as answer so others can scroll to it quickly 👆

Cass Aggett is a Squarespace website designer for go-getting women – no matter what stage of business.

WEBSITEINSTAGRAM