Feedback on the first draft of my site, thank you!!!

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi @sgourdon!

Here's a few recommendations -

- On the Announcement bar - I would specify which month this is for... otherwise people don't know if you wrote that in April and forgot about it. Also I would specify how many discounted sessions are available. When you create a scarcity, people are more likely to take action.

- There are a lottt of pages to click in the top navigation. Too many choices will overwhelm people and not know where to start. I would consider just putting the most important ones up here and then you can put all of the links in the footer.

- Between the background and the typing text, there's a lot of movement in this first section. It's a bit distracting. I think you could do without the typing. Instead, you might have "SOMATIC TRAUMA RECOVERY COACHING for
complex, CHILDHOOD, OR SEXUAL trauma" as the header and then a subtext of the "you can heal and thrive..." line in the same white box.

- Also - I just noticed when I copied/pasted the "Somatic trauma.." line above that not all of the words are capitalized. It looks fine on your site, but Google is going to pick it up how it was typed in (some lowercase, some uppercase) and that's what's going to show up in the search results. I had this happen on a site that I built. So just go back and retype it in the same case on your site and it will look normal on Google.

- The text at the top is an H4 tag, but it needs to be H1 (and should be the only H1 on the page).

- The section with the 2 columns and the girls is a bit hard to read with that font. I would use that font as a heading or accent text and not as a paragraph. (like in the next section - that's a perfect use of that font :))

- The text in the About section is pretty good...you have good questions in there that people will identify with. You might want to just add a couple more sentences about what led you to this (the problem you recognized and the change you made). I would also split this text up into more sections so that the "I'm Sophie" text/image is one section on its own.

- Make the circle images in the I'd Love to help section smaller. Also the 2nd and 3rd images are not the same links as the buttons.

- The Self-Healing Gifts section is really big! I would reduce the height a little so people don't have to scroll as much. Also there's a video behind it (which is pretty), but that's 2 videos on one page and could reduce the load time (which is bad for SEO and bad for people clicking off).

- I would put the disclaimer at the very bottom.

- You can remove the Home link from the footer since the icon should be the footer. Right now it goes to a discovery call, but I would create a link specifically for that. Plus add the links in the top navigation to the footer.

- Great that you are using Acuity! I see WAY too many people who have a "book now" button and then it goes to a contact form. So this is great that they can actually schedule. Just look at the padding under the Acuity logo on the booking page...there's some extra space there.

- Also, adding some testimonials will go a long way!

Let me know if you have questions about anything 🙂

Jessica Miller | Squarespace Website Designer
https://www.jessicamiller.work
jessica@jessicamiller.work

Search the blog and get Squarespace tips to your inbox
https://www.jessicamiller.work/blog

Want to pick my brain or get help? Book a free 15 minute call.

If my post solved your problem, please mark it as the solution - thanks!

Hi Jessica, 

I'll get back to you soon with a longer response, I just want you to know that I've been hard at work making changes based on your feedback, thank you so so much, everything you've said and picked up on is so helpful to me as I am new to all of this!!! I appreciate you taking the time to give me such specific, actionable pointers to work on!! 

@sgourdon

Hey! Thanks for the kind words - glad everything was helpful 🙂

As for the "I'm Sophie" section, I just meant I might split it up so that all of that text ("I'm Sophie" all the way through "welcome to the journey") isn't all in that purple section. Like, you could do "is healing possible.." as a section, then another section beneath it with the "are you..." questions, etc. Just so that there's some variety between colors/sections instead of having a big purple section. It's easier for our eyes to digest things that are broken up into smaller chunks 🙂

Jessica Miller | Squarespace Website Designer
https://www.jessicamiller.work
jessica@jessicamiller.work

Search the blog and get Squarespace tips to your inbox
https://www.jessicamiller.work/blog

Want to pick my brain or get help? Book a free 15 minute call.

If my post solved your problem, please mark it as the solution - thanks!