Remove header & footer from system paywall page

Website: https://www.countryconnect.org.au/employee-connect-0s8ta2f0f

I've been asked if it's possible to remove the header and footer from the paywall page (see link).

Initially I was thinking this would be easy to use the collection ID to target the page, but the paywall page doesn't seem to have one:

collection-ID {
.header, #footer-sections {
    display:none!important;
  }
}

image.thumb.png.976407d42361f664ea5b72de67494557.png

I haven't worked with system pages before - is there a way I could target this using the system-page and sqs-paywall-page-root elements? I'm feeling like it's not possible but I thought I'd see if someone more knowledgable than me has any ideas! 🙂

If this helped you, please like or mark my solution as answer so others can scroll to it quickly 👆

Cass Aggett is a Squarespace website designer for go-getting women – no matter what stage of business.

WEBSITEINSTAGRAM

Did you try adding the ID at the top left of the page with the yellow underline as the collection ID?

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 
Hire me on Upwork!

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

16 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Did you try adding the ID at the top left of the page with the yellow underline as the collection ID?

Giving it a try tonight! Fingers crossed...

If this helped you, please like or mark my solution as answer so others can scroll to it quickly 👆

Cass Aggett is a Squarespace website designer for go-getting women – no matter what stage of business.

WEBSITEINSTAGRAM

23 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Unfortunately no luck using the yui ID!

WEBSITEINSTAGRAM

Worth a shot, system pages are not as straightforward to target, and I can't find a way for this one.

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 
Hire me on Upwork!

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

Does a system page load Code Injection HEADER and FOOTER code? This can be tested by throwing in a meta tag we could recognize for a test. Or a script tag with just a debugger statement.

If so some JavaScript can be used to add a class higher up in the hierarchy that could then be used with some CSS.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, kak said:

Hi! was anyone able to figure this out?

I didn't end up troubleshooting this any further as it was more a nice to have for the client rather than a necessity!

WEBSITEINSTAGRAM

• 6 months later...

While I've not tried to mess around with the header or the footer of the default paywall settings, myself, I did have a problem with the footer background color appearing as the background color for my default paywall on mobile applications.  The footer background color on my site is visually so very close in color and value to the default text value for main body text, that the text was pretty much illegible for my default paywall page as it appears on mobile. 

I didn't want to change my overall site style settings, if I could avoid it.  I just wanted to fix the paywall background color for mobile, so that it would stop using my footer background color by mistake.

I found....  https://forum.squarespace.com/topic/262748-need-some-code-to-remove-text-from-members-site-paywall/     .....to be helpful in my case.

Based on the above, I added the following CSS to fix my problem:

#sqs-paywall-page-root {
  background:#c7ffd5;
  padding-top:20px;
  padding-bottom:20px;
}

Perhaps this will help point others in the right direction?  Best of luck to you!
And thanks @abibacon and @Callan for the previous thread.