formatting links that appear in web content as well as those in foote

Go to solution Solved by Lesum,

Hi - I'm working on a website  and here's a page that you can access (the home page is locked until we go live) - coachescooperative.org/about

I have two questions of the same theme - can you help me with custom CSS code that will help me reformat the links that appear.. 

1. in content blocks on the site

2. in the footer of the site

Specifically, I want to remove the underline because I find it distracting to the content.  Rather, I'd like to be able to have the links show as bold in one color and then, when someone hovers, have them change to another color. 

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance! 

Kate

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

@cupkate You can add this code snippet within the Custom CSS panel:

a {
	text-decoration: none !important;
	font-weight: 700 !important;
	color: #755c68 !important;
}

a:hover {
	color: #818b7e !important;
}

You can modify the color codes "#755c68" and "#818b7e" to customize the link appearance. The first block of code removes the underline, makes the font bold, and changes the link's color. The second block of code alters the link color on hover.

If my comments were useful, please like or mark my solution as answer so others can scroll to it quickly. 

Sam
Web Developer & Digital Designer

Did you find my contribution helpful? Buy me a coffee?

Thanks so much, Sam!  It worked!☺️

I have one more question - when I changed the CSS to fix the link format - when I have a button on the site that links to another page or an email, it uses the same color scheme - making it difficult to see the content in the button.  The login button in the upper right corner is an example of what's happening.  Is there a way I can change this so that the text in a button link is a different color?

Thanks!

Edited by cupkate