Jump to content

Is there a popup feature that captures emails which gives access to a page once the email is submitted?

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 21
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, tuanphan said:

You want

Users access page > Show a popup (users can't close it) > Users need to enter an email > Click Submit > Close popup & users can see page content?

Yes that's exactly correct. Is there a way to go about that? Thank you for getting back to me.

Edited by ekraja
Link to comment
22 hours ago, ekraja said:

Yes that's exactly correct. Is there a way to go about that? Thank you for getting back to me.

You can use Promotional Popup, then we can use code to hide it on other pages, show it on your specific page only + use code to remove Close button.

With Promotional Popup, you can enable newsletter form, then users can enter their email

Access Marketing > Promotional Popup to enable it first

image.png.224791356cd473534dd9f55b8414f3ba.png

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Link to comment
48 minutes ago, tuanphan said:

You can use Promotional Popup, then we can use code to hide it on other pages, show it on your specific page only + use code to remove Close button.

With Promotional Popup, you can enable newsletter form, then users can enter their email

Access Marketing > Promotional Popup to enable it first

image.png.224791356cd473534dd9f55b8414f3ba.png

Can you provide the code to use and I can give it a try. Also will the code disable the ability to close the popup by just clicking off of it? Right now I think you can click the X or click off anywhere on the site and it removes the popup.

Link to comment
4 hours ago, ekraja said:

Can you provide the code to use and I can give it a try. Also will the code disable the ability to close the popup by just clicking off of it? Right now I think you can click the X or click off anywhere on the site and it removes the popup.

You can add it & share url, I can check easier. I Don't remember X icon code id

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Link to comment
On 9/20/2023 at 8:48 AM, ekraja said:

You can add this code to Website > Website Tools > Custom CSS

a.sqs-popup-overlay-close {
    display: none !important;
}

.sqs-slice-group.group-copy.copy-layer-background:after {
    content: "";
    background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5);
    position: fixed;
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    width: 100%;
    height: 100%;
    z-index: 90;
}

.sqs-slice-group.group-copy.copy-layer-background>div {
    z-index: 100 !important;
    position: relative;
}

This code will remove Close Button + Add an overlay behind Popup. Need to add an overlay because currently users can click X or click outside the popup to close it. Using Overlay will prevent this behavior.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Link to comment
13 hours ago, tuanphan said:

You can add this code to Website > Website Tools > Custom CSS

a.sqs-popup-overlay-close {
    display: none !important;
}

.sqs-slice-group.group-copy.copy-layer-background:after {
    content: "";
    background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5);
    position: fixed;
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    width: 100%;
    height: 100%;
    z-index: 90;
}

.sqs-slice-group.group-copy.copy-layer-background>div {
    z-index: 100 !important;
    position: relative;
}

This code will remove Close Button + Add an overlay behind Popup. Need to add an overlay because currently users can click X or click outside the popup to close it. Using Overlay will prevent this behavior.

That works really good, I have implemented it on my website. Is there anyway that the popup is not behind the overlay so that white rectangle looks clear and stands out?

Link to comment
15 hours ago, ekraja said:

@tuanphan Any luck with coding for a different popup which addresses those points discussed?

I'm still testing this

You can remind me if you don't see a response in the next 48 hours.

 

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Link to comment

Sorry. I used this free tool: 

https://elfsight.com/popup-widget/

and this code to Custom CSS to disable click outside popup

/* disable elf popup outside click */
 .Popup__PopupContent-sc-10hgtxd-3.eLmrKa:after {
    content: "";
    background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.2);
    position: fixed;
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    width: 100%;
    height: 100%;
}

Note: If the code doesn't run, you can share link to the page where you use popup, I will give code

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Link to comment
  • 3 months later...

Just in case this info might be of use, if you use convertkit, you can setup a form that you embed in your SS site, and then apply an autoredirect to another page on your site when the form is submitted, which creates the outcome you're after. I'm sure CK isn't the only provider that offers this solution...

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

×
×
  • Create New...

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.