Squarespace password doesn't work for password-protected domain

Go to solution Solved by creedon,

I'm trying to preview my website before I purchase a plan from Squarespace, so I changed the privacy settings on site availability to "password-protected". The password autofilled, and I don't see any way to view it. I assumed it would be my Squarespace password, but when I open my domain and enter the password, it doesn't work. Could the password be different from my Squarespace password? How can I find it?

Edited by jschwartz
  • Solution

You as the site owner do not need to change the Site Availability setting to access your site.

Adding a password only adds an extra layer for you to go through in some circumstances, making things more difficult.

The Password option is used when you want folks to be able to access your site when it is not yet public.

The password is not your Squarespace Account password nor should you set it to your SS account password. You can change the Privatte password at any time.

Logging in and out of Squarespace

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.