• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, has anyone received any update or fix for this? I continue to have the same issue today that I posted about two months ago (active discounts will not apply to digital products no matter what I do). I will not be able to roll out a promotion for a new product this week as I had planned. It seems like such an obvious error and it's so disheartening to not even receive a reply. We can't be the only people experiencing this. Honestly has me considering moving to a different platform.

• 1 month later...

I think I just got a solve for this issue. I was having this issue on a site for a client of mine and reached out to Squarespace Help and it looks like the issue comes from a change in how they do website subscriptions. My client's website was on a Business website plan, which does not include discounts for subscriptions/memberships/digital products. Now you can either upgrade to the advanced plan or do the lower plan but ADD a Digital Product Plan. Even the lowest tier there will make the discounts work again. To do that, we had to go to Home > Content & Memberships > Products (side panel) and then click the add-on button at the bottom of the list of plans. 

Articles he sent me: 

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205811178-Creating-discounts#toc-digital-products

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/360050832771-Digital-Products-pricing-billing-and-invoices#toc-purchase-a-digital-products-plan

Frustrating since our discount codes used to work when I initially set this up for my client but this does seem to solve it.