Upload profiles and sort by location

Most likely this won't be easy to set up, Squarespace is not a good solution for this type of user database.

You could set this up manually using a blog for each profile, and tags/categories for filters, but it would need you to add and keep profiles up-to-date. Allowing each photographer to create and manage their own profile is where the problem is.

Edited by Ziggy

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 
Hire me on Upwork!

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

5 hours ago, Desmond1570048463 said:

is it easy enough to set it up so people can log in and create their own profiles and details?

@Desmond1570048463 This isn't possible natively on Squarespace. You would need to add/edit/delete entries yourself as only contributors can edit site content. If that's acceptable, take a look at this similar thread.

There is a third party service called Community Box that claims "Drop into your existing website. Give your members the power to edit their own entries". I haven't tried it myself, and there's a subscription cost to use it, but perhaps this may help? I believe it's free to try with fewer than 25 entries 🙂.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I'm Paul. A SQSP User for 18 yrs, I joined Circle when it launched in 2016 and have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing expertise and extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee fuels my work.

Book paid help with a Squarespace Domain

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Desmond1570048463 said:

Thanks for the replies - after questioning someone who works in IT it seems it would be a very costly procedure to even pay someone to set it up.

It could be expensive, it would depend on the complexity you're going for. Good luck if you try and make it work. 

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 
Hire me on Upwork!

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?