Can anyone help, please? My download won't download.

Hi everyone, 

I am having some trouble with a free printable that I've uploaded to my Services page: it won't actually download. I have followed all of the instructions and when I enter my personal email in to test it, I don't receive anything. 

It may be part of a bigger issue I'm having in that I can only seem to add my services as a product when really, I am just trying to list my services so that people know what they are. They aren't really an 'add to cart' kind of product. 

Can anyone shed some light, please?

Warmly,

Jodie 

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/13/2023 at 9:15 AM, Jodie_SouthernHarbour said:

am having some trouble with a free printable that I've uploaded to my Services page: it won't actually download.

Hi Jodie

You may want to consider achieving this using another method. I say this because using a 'product' will require visitors to provide not just their email address but also their name and postal address. They'll also need to go through the cart and the checkout, which is a lot of friction for a free download.

For example, instead of using a Product Page, you could use a form to gather their email address and then provide the link to the printable file (a PDF?) on the post-submit HTML page so that it is visible after an email address has been provided.

Another option is to send the user an email with the printable file instead of making it available on the page. However, you'll need an additional service to be able to do this, for example Squarespace Email Campaigns or Zapier.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I'm Paul. A SQSP User for 18 yrs, I joined Circle when it launched in 2016 and have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing expertise and extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee fuels my work.

Book paid help with a Squarespace Domain