Need Help with Step 1 Phase 1 Where is my Site and Template?

Hello All, my first post

I had my domain transferred from Hostpapa. successfully

At some point I choose a template for the primary site and I don't know what it is. I can't seem to change it,

When I look at tutorials, they list is an option for templates that I don't have on my page. I can't switch

My dashboard has my primary site at top and when I choose a template, it crates a sub domain for it instead of my primary. No video instructions help, I know ive done something wrong.

Help me use a template for my primary site or fix what I did wrong

Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 9.14.42 PM.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Stan10, Were you able to solve this?  I have the same issue, I don't have the design/template option in my home menus.  In the tutorial video and step-by-step instructions, there are additional buttons. I've attached a screen shot of the tutorial menu and then screen shots of my menus.  Any suggestions are much appreciated. 

Cheers!

screenshot-support.squarespace.com-2023.09.26-05_56_53.png

screenshot-ferret-banjo-k5dt.squarespace.com-2023.09.26-06_00_46.png

screenshot-ferret-banjo-k5dt.squarespace.com-2023.09.26-06_01_13.png

22 hours ago, greybear said:

Hey Stan10, Were you able to solve this?  I have the same issue, I don't have the design/template option in my home menus.  In the tutorial video and step-by-step instructions, there are additional buttons. I've attached a screen shot of the tutorial menu and then screen shots of my menus.  Any suggestions are much appreciated. 

Cheers!

Your site is 7.1 version, all templates share same Site Styles option so you can rebuild any other templates with current template, so there is no switch template option

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

14 hours ago, tuanphan said:

Your site is 7.1 version, all templates share same Site Styles option so you can rebuild any other templates with current template, so there is no switch template option

Thank you for your response tuanphan
from what I've read, thats the answer I found, but I still don't understand how to change

the sites share the same options, so does that mean any site can be converted into another by changing styles and options? I do not know how to do this

I've been trying to watch tutorials  to learn. any help is appreciated. I think I started with Staton but would like Beaumount Balboa or Tepito

On 9/26/2023 at 6:04 AM, greybear said:

Cheers!

I can see that tutorial is for 7.0 and we are on 7.1 so we are looking for options that no longer exist. I hope to learn more from the answer below. I suspended my account until I can learn more