How to change Site Title (min) in Google search?

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 5
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 1/3/2024 at 9:13 AM, Mystah said:

Noone knows?

Hi, check this post. Someone else has asked the same question, and here is my more indepth response to their page. Hope this helps. 

Edited by melody495

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

Melody | Squarespace Website Developer
e: melody@melodylee.tech

💻 💁‍♀️ 1-2-1 Squarespace Training session <- feeling stuck and want to learn?
👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Website help <- send me your to-do list. From code to plugin to domain.
 Did I help? I like coffee (Thank you)
🧰 See the tools I use (contain affiliate links)

Posted (edited)

Hi and thanks Melody,

But I don't think that is the issue due to he tried all solutions what I can see on his site now. Also I have tried without success. I think there must be some other solution, Squarespace own site hasn't follow your suggestions and still works for them. Also I checked a lot other basic sites that succeeded without this suggestions implemented.

Even if you just search for SquareSpace Forum on Google the name is correct and not only its webpage url.

Edited by Mystah
9 hours ago, Mystah said:

Also I have tried without success.

What have you tried? Have you re-index on Google Search Console? It can take up to a week for Google to crawl.

Ultimately, the site name that appears in Google search is determined by Google. Even if you've done everything you can, there might still be reasons why Google still decide that your site name is not suitable, therefore chooses to show the url intead.

You can read more from the horses mouth! https://developers.google.com/search/docs/appearance/site-names

Good luck!

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

Melody | Squarespace Website Developer
e: melody@melodylee.tech

💻 💁‍♀️ 1-2-1 Squarespace Training session <- feeling stuck and want to learn?
👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Website help <- send me your to-do list. From code to plugin to domain.
 Did I help? I like coffee (Thank you)
🧰 See the tools I use (contain affiliate links)

Hi @Mystah. Currently your SS site title is set to "IKIV — Vi hjälper er att expandera!". Make it concise/accurate and add the other text via homepage SEO settings. Note in your case, other brands and a traded stock are using the same acronym. Also the business is called "Industrikonsulten i Väst AB" elsewhere, IKIV seems to be more of an alternate: https://developers.google.com/search/docs/appearance/site-names#alternative

Have SEO questions? Chances are we've written about it! Try a quick Google search to find our advice. Or for personalized support, see our consulting and training sessions.  Official Squarespace Experts since 2014