Setting text inside an SVG produces some strange results on mobile.

Snippet of code HERE.

Test page in question HERE.

Hey there. I'm generating svg's in html and setting text within them. It works fairly well in preview but on real hardware it looks off. I've attached images to show what I mean.

What am I doing wrong here? Is there a different way to align the text within the svg rather than setting the x and y? I'd rather not separate the two (text and svg) as that would break the animation you'll see on the test page.

I understand there's a lot going on here and there's a mismatch of units, would that be it? Any assistance would save me from pulling my hair out.

mobile.png

ssmobile.png

Edited by slimPC
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No, I've not figured this one out. Might be platform specific. Issue seems to effect android more than apple.

EDIT: I have no idea what's causing the cross platform issue, but it's not squarespace related. I realized I was trying to do things the hard way and just added the letters to the svg's themselves, bypassing the issue altogether. This doesn't leave room for any form of localization, but I suppose that's not too important at this time.

Edited by slimPC