Custom CSS and Duplicate Websites

So the custom CSS I implemented on this original website appears differently on a duplicated website because the section ID/ Block ID keeps changing. So, is there a way to lock that ID so that it will not change? I need everything to stay in place and look identical to the original website. Is there any way to do this? Thanks.

Section IDs are generated by SS when a section is created. Duplicating a site is generating new sections as part of the duplication process and so they get new section IDs.

You can not lock any IDs in SS. A section ID and others need to be unique otherwise how would SS know a section ID in your site as opposed to the same ID in someone else's site?

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

You might be able to address items not by their IDs but by other means. Such as their position. But I can't say that you would be able to do this. It all just depends what what you are trying to accomplish.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

How much code currently targets with section/block IDs are you needing to duplicate? If you want to do this frequently, you'd be better of targeting actual elements rather than using the Squarespace generated IDs. InsideTheSquare on YouTube could be a good starting point for learning how to target specific elements.

If this helped you, please like or mark my solution as answer so others can scroll to it quickly 👆

Cass Aggett is a Squarespace website designer for go-getting women – no matter what stage of business.

WEBSITEINSTAGRAM