Forcing the "Additional Information" accordion open on donate block???

Hello everyone,

I've run into an issue that's very problematic for me. When someone goes to donate, the information I need to collect has to be added under the "Additional Information" accordion "button". This means that the questions I need the donor to answer are basically hidden. "Additional Information" isn't very clear as to what it means. It's not even that obvious that that text is clickable. It feels like SquareSpace is forcing us to intentionally hide any additional information we need to collect. 

Is there any way to force this accordion menu open? This way they don't have to click on anything to see the questions. If not, is there any way to change the text to something else (like "Additional Information Needed"?

Thanks for any help!

54 minutes ago, Lesum said:

@dross Would it be possible to share your site URL? I can take a look. Thanks!

Sure. The site is not live, but here are the logins:

https://beige-lobster-adm6.squarespace.com/

Password: square207

If you scroll ⅔ off the way down the home page, there is a donate button. If you click on that, you will see what I mean about the "Additional Information" being hidden. Thanks.

@dross Unfortunately, this isn't possible. Since the checkout page is completely locked by Squarespace to prevent anyone making changes, we can't edit elements from the checkout page. Nothing will work, including custom script and CSS.

If my comments were useful, please like or mark my solution as answer so others can scroll to it quickly. 

Sam
Web Developer & Digital Designer

Did you find my contribution helpful? Buy me a coffee?

29 minutes ago, Lesum said:

@dross Unfortunately, this isn't possible. Since the checkout page is completely locked by Squarespace to prevent anyone making changes, we can't edit elements from the checkout page. Nothing will work, including custom script and CSS.

Thanks for checking. I did find a workaround though. If you make any one of the form questions "required", it forces the form to be open and you don't have to click "Additional Information".