Custom CSS but using squarespace font

I am looking to use the custom css box to add extra font options to my site.

So I am looking to add code that says when I bold a heading to change the font to something else, however I am still trying to use the fonts that Squarespace offers.

For example I did 

H1 strong {

font-family: 'fino' !important;

}

Fino is a font that squarespace offers when choosing which fonts you want to use. However it doesn't seem to pick up the font name when I use it in the custom code. Can someone help me figure out how squarespace is naming the fonts so I can use them without having to upload the custom font? Or if this is even an option? 

• Replies 2
  • Views 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Hi Rel, this is an option but you'll need to 'load' the font somewhere on the site first so your CSS will pick it up.

What I mean by this is in Site Styles > Fonts, you'll need to assign Fino to something on your site, likely something that you don't use elsewhere (unless you're happy for it to be visible in the same font).

For example if you don't use Events on your site, you could change the Event Item Pagination Date in Fonts > Assign Styles > Events Pagination Date > Style > click Miscellaneous > Custom > change font family to Fino.

Give the site a refresh and your CSS should be able to pick it up.

If this helped you, please like or mark my solution as answer so others can scroll to it quickly 👆

Cass Aggett is a Squarespace website designer for go-getting women – no matter what stage of business.

WEBSITEINSTAGRAM