Under-the-hood font sizing changes?

Have there been some changes to how some font sizes are being calculated in 7.1/Fluid Engine sites? I know there were changes announced on the Circle forum to how the CSS for fonts is structured, but nothing in that seemed to mention changes to actual font styling.

After changing some images on my site, I noticed some other unintended changes happened to the font sizes of my Scrolling Marquee and Button blocks. I hadn’t touched the font styling, or introduced any custom CSS that would affect font sizes, so I’m guessing Squarespace pushed some under-the-hood changes.

Scrolling Marquee Blocks
The Scrolling Marquee now doesn’t scale with the viewport/browser size. Previously, this block was using this CSS for it’s sizing, which adapts the font size using the viewport width in a calculation, but now is using a straight forward value for the font size.

Before:

font-size: calc((var(--marquee-font-size-value) - 1) * 1.2vw + 1rem) !important;

Now:

font-size: 3rem;

Button Blocks
Conversely, Button blocks used to use a straight up font size, but they now seem to use the same kind of calculation that the Scrolling Marquee block used to use.

Before:

font-size: 22px;

Now:

font-size: calc((var(--primary-button-font-font-size-value) - 1) * 1.2vw + 1rem);

One thing I did notice when investigating, is the font sizes for my Primary and Secondary Buttons was changed to 1.571428571428571rem in the styling editor. I've never manually set this to such an odd value, so it looks like it was automatically changed at the same time as the CSS changes detailed above. I may have manually entered 22px previously, as I sometimes use a different type of value than what's shown by default (px instead of rem, like in this instance) and 22px is 1.5714... times bigger than my site's base font size of 14px.

I've not dug any deeper so I'm not sure if there have been any other changes to font sizes, but I'm curious to see if anyone else has noticed similar changes?

Edited by victory_over_all

Cross-discipline designer aka Victory Over All, Welsh-born and France-based, creating graphic design, branding and illustration.
⚔️ No corporate design devoid of character or soul. No buzzword-filled nonsense. Just strong design that hits hard, cuts through the mundane and stands out from the crowd.

🔗 victoryoverall.co.uk

• Replies 0
  • Views 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days