Product lightbox not working

I have injected some code into my website. All have worked well for months. A week ago, clicking and enlarging product images no longer works. I have tried to isolate the problem by cutting codes but nothing seems to help and the problem does not go away. I'm a novice when it comes to coding.

Edited by vesa.koskelainen
Typo

Where did you get the code?

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 
Hire me on Upwork!

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 
 🖼️ Pinch-to-Zoom Gallery Lightbox Plugin (Referral link) 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

I'm seeing an issue with the lightbox feature on my test site, so you may want to temporarily remove your code and contact Squarespace Support to see if they can help fix this issue. 

Zygmunt Spray
Contact me: 
Hire me on Upwork!

On 4/20/2023 at 2:46 PM, Ziggy said:

I'm seeing an issue with the lightbox feature on my test site, so you may want to temporarily remove your code and contact Squarespace Support to see if they can help fix this issue. 

I contacted SS, but they said there is something in that code that interferes their platform.

I have injected different sets of code and one by one disabled them ( not all at once). But I can't isolate the problem. Since I'm not that familiar with coding, I am afraid removing it all. It would be a disaster if something goes badly wrong.

You could try duplicating the entire website and then seeing if the problem still exists, if it does, then you can remove all of the code and generally use that duplicate site for testing without fear of disaster to your live website.

Zygmunt Spray
Contact me: 
Hire me on Upwork!

• 2 months later...

Hello, for some reason when I click the product image for any product in the shop, it pops up and just shows white (not the image). Does anyone know why this would be?

password: polypodium44

Also, how do I get the product recommendations to be farther down with a smaller font?

Thank you!

Images are not appearing when clicking for lightbox, just an empty space. My product images appear fine but in mobile the full size can only be seen in lightbox. I have click to enable lightbox and hover to enable zoom on all my product images. It all worked fine yesterday, I haven’t changed anything and have no custom CSS aside from ordering the text fields in product details. I’m not a coder, this seems like a bug and I need help! How can I get the images to expand to full size and most importantly SHOW UP in lightbox??

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue.

A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

Please set up a site-wide password, if your site is not public and you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site.

Please read the site-wide password and how to share a link documentation to understand how they work.

We can then take a look at your issue.

You may find How to post a forum question post useful.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

On 7/16/2023 at 7:13 PM, PhotosByFinch said:

Hello, same issue here for me. please see attached screenshots. If I have already made my site public how can get some help with this?

Screenshot 2023-07-16 at 12.18.26.png

Screenshot 2023-07-16 at 12.18.20.png

Can you share link to this product? We can check easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

Please set up a site-wide password, if your site is not public and you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site.

Please read the site-wide password and how to share a link documentation to understand how they work.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

On 7/17/2023 at 1:40 AM, MorganFowler said:

Clicking on the [product] image...just results in a white screen, no image in full screen.

A number of users are reporting the same issue so this could be a Squarespace bug or an issue with custom code.

To troubleshoot this issue, the first step is to remove any custom code that has been added to the Custom CSS panel and any of the Code Injection panels (and save it somewhere safe!). With the code removed, does the issue persist?

If it does, contact Squarespace Customer Care directly and report it. If they provide you with a solution or workaround, please post it here for the benefit of other users. 

If the issue goes away then the custom code was the likely cause of the issue.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

Hi everyone

Custom code does not cause this problem. I tested it myself by removing all the code. It did not help. I have asked Squarespace many times about this and finally they said the problem was on their end. Now we just have to wait. As you can see I posted about this issue on April, so it got to be a major one.

20 hours ago, HadleyS said:

Can anyone help us? 😕

Hi everyone

Custom code does not cause this problem. I tested it myself by removing all the code. It did not help. I have asked Squarespace many times about this and finally they said the problem was on their end. Now we just have to wait. As you can see I posted about this issue on April, so it got to be a major one.

On 7/18/2023 at 10:03 PM, creedon said:

Post the password here.

Here is a link to my site. I had to disable lightbox because of the issue, so that link won't help much now.

https://www.eqtsolutions.fi/for-sale/p/rohde-schwarz-smu-200a-vector-signal-generator-2-x-100khz-3ghz-loaded-with-options-calibrated

On 7/16/2023 at 3:13 PM, PhotosByFinch said:

Hello, same issue here for me. please see attached screenshots. If I have already made my site public how can get some help with this?

Screenshot 2023-07-16 at 12.18.26.png

Screenshot 2023-07-16 at 12.18.20.png

Squarespace replied to my ticket and they said it's on their end. We just have to wait. There is nothing much else we can do.