DNS issues with Cloudflare

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

We have recently migrated our DNS to Cloudflare, and yet despite the website resolving correctly online, all of our DNS records in Squarespace are incorrect. I may be overthinking things here, because the site is online, but the fact that it's not showing the correct DNS information is concerning to me. Additionally, this domain is not verified (why, I don't know), and there seems to be no way to locate what the CNAME record for this website should be from the settings. 

I don't want to delete the domain and start again, which seems like the nuclear option (and will clearly take the website off for a period of time), so I'm hoping it's a chair to keyboard interface error, that's easily resolvable. 

The first image shows the DNS settings in Cloudflare, and the second what I'm seeing in Squarespace. What am I missing?

Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 16.41.59.png

Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 16.41.48.png

Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 16.48.42.png

Edited by Armillaria
uploaded name server screenshot
  • Solution
10 minutes ago, Armillaria said:

We have recently migrated our DNS to Cloudflare, and yet despite the website resolving correctly online, all of our DNS records in Squarespace are incorrect. I may be overthinking things here...

It's supposed to look like this in Squarespace because you are using the Cloudflare reverse proxy service. If it showed the Squarespace IP addresses then web traffic would be going directly to Squarespace and not through Cloudflare. If you don't want the proxy service you can disable it. When you do this, the IP addresses will match what Squarespace expects. 

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

• 4 months later...

Hi I recently signed up for Cloudflare to edit DNS records for my Squarespace site and Zoho Email hosting. My website is down now because the DNS info is not correct in the squarespace dashboard.

I was wondering if someone could help with this? I have added the appropriate squarespace info to cloudflare DNS, but it doesnt seem like the two sites are communicating.

Screen Shot 2023-11-18 at 1.25.24 PM.png

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Context:

- I have a domain registered with Network Solutions.

- In Network Solutions, I have my name servers configured for CloudFlare.

GEORGE.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
LORNA.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM 

- CloudFlare is where I manage all DNS records associated with my domain.

The issue I am facing involves pointing my domain to my SquareSpace site.

- I walk through the domain setup under Domain & Email in Settings and set the following records in CloudFlare:

image.thumb.png.7d087120dd45a5c00f00c3d8eed9b777.png

The first two CNAME records get found instantly by SquareSpace, however the issue I am running into involves the 4 A records. Despite setting these in CloudFlare, they seem to still store CloudFlare IP Addresses under the Current Data column. Strangely enough, I can navigate to my domain when doing this and see my SquareSpace site, but the only hitch is that SSL does not seem to be working.

Could someone help me out with this?

Edited by CodyG
  • 3 months later...
On 4/9/2024 at 12:03 AM, CodyG said:

Context:

- I have a domain registered with Network Solutions.

- In Network Solutions, I have my name servers configured for CloudFlare.

GEORGE.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
LORNA.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM 

- CloudFlare is where I manage all DNS records associated with my domain.

The issue I am facing involves pointing my domain to my SquareSpace site.

- I walk through the domain setup under Domain & Email in Settings and set the following records in CloudFlare:

image.thumb.png.7d087120dd45a5c00f00c3d8eed9b777.png

The first two CNAME records get found instantly by SquareSpace, however the issue I am running into involves the 4 A records. Despite setting these in CloudFlare, they seem to still store CloudFlare IP Addresses under the Current Data column. Strangely enough, I can navigate to my domain when doing this and see my SquareSpace site, but the only hitch is that SSL does not seem to be working.

Could someone help me out with this?

Have your SSL issued after you wait for 72 hours?

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!