Can't access sitemap that still has deleted pages?

Go to solution Solved by John_SQSP,

Hello, I wanted to ask if anyone else has been having some trouble accessing their sitemap recently and if anyone had any advice on this?

Recently, we launched a new website but noticed the SEO performance was a bit lackluster. It seems after checking that our sitemap could be the problem. This is where things got a little confusing, I found some online sources saying you could edit the sitemap ( https://www.websitebuilderinsider.com/how-do-i-edit-a-sitemap-on-squarespace/) but this option didn't appear on the Squarespace menu for me, and others saying you couldn't access it (https://elfsight.com/tutorials/using-squarespace-xml-sitemap/) but that it would update automatically. However, since it is still sending Google to pages deleted for over a month now this doesn't seem to have happened. Does anyone have any advice?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/26/2023 at 10:04 PM, SEOSpace_Henry said:

Hi @Louise99 - unfortunately, you cannot edit your sitemap on Squarespace.

When you say, "it is still sending Google to pages deleted for over a month" - do you mean Google is still indexing pages that don't exist? 

Hi yes, that is exactly what I mean. I've tried uploading the site map again, but the problem still persisted, hence why I thought it may be a problem with the sitemap. 

• Solution

Hey there.

Thanks for posting here! This question will require some troubleshooting, so we’ll be creating an email ticket on your behalf for our Customer Support team to assist.

For any others experiencing an issue with their sitemap showing deleted pages, please reach out to our Customer Support team directly