Any Plugins or Techniques to Replace Images in The Asset Library?

Thanks Creedon! I'll do it.

It looks like at one point there was some sort of file storage in Squarespace v5(?), where possibly an image could be uploaded & given a URL, then linked to a website. Do you know anything about that? Does this file storage still exist?

Actually, I just remembered something else. Squarespace says that they create multiple versions(7?) of each uploaded image. If a replacement image was uploaded they'd have to generate new versions probably with completely different URLs than the images they're replacing...hmmmm. Maybe there could be a selection button, which says, "Replace all versions of original image"...hmmm.

Thanks,

Phil

Edited by Zwaeback
Additional info added

Do you know anything about that?

I know nothing of SS v5.0.

Maybe there could be a selection button, which says, "Replace all versions of original image"

I have seen requests for a feature like this. Hopefully it comes some day

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 6 months later...

Maybe there could be a selection button, which says, "Replace all versions of original image"

It should be useful just if you upload image with the very same name and this replace the one in the library. Now what happens is something "weird": you can have more images with the same name (it is possible 'cause it's in a different path inside Squarespace's CDN).