Request for a way to create a slug for a linked file

Looking to create a URL (or "slug") for an uploaded PDF file.

Specifically, we have the word "Menu" in our navigation that, when selected, goes to a PDF that we've uploaded. This is a common occurrence for restaurants that change menus frequently. Rather than create a menu online, it is easier to post the PDF of the actual printed menu with just a slug "/menu" that would go to whichever file is linked to that Navigation item called "Menu". Sounds easy, but apparently, it cannot be done.

We want to create a link for use elsewhere (i.e., social media) with the slug "domain.com/menu" but because it is a linked file we cannot do this. Does anyone have any ideas on workarounds that would allow us to achieve this?

Thanks so much.

Lucky

• Replies 1
  • Views 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have any ideas on workarounds that would allow us to achieve this?

It sounds like you are creating a Link page, uploading a file, and ending up with a URL slug like /s/menu.pdf.

Please see URL redirects.

You'll want to add a line like the following.

/menu -> /s/menu.pdf 301

Make sure the URL slug /menu does not exist on your site. Otherwise it won't work.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.