Clickthrough URLs on images in Project Page (York)

On 6/9/2021 at 5:23 AM, zachyp said:

Site URL: https://zachparola.com/play

I'm trying to make some of the images on this page clickthrough to different/custom URLs instead of the basic Lightbox functionality. Sounds like York template does not support this but wondered if there is a workaround via code injection or otherwise.

Hi. I see you use Image Blocks. You can edit Image Blocks >> Add link.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

I used an image block on v7.0 using the York template family. I put the page in Main, Secondary, and Not Linked. Also added the page to an Index. All showed the link option.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

If it still doesn't show it is probably time to contact SS. Although it wouldn't hurt to restart your browser and/or computer just to get a fresh start. I've had some SS interface oddities go away doing that.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 1 year later...

I need to be able to have clickthrough URLs on my images in gallery block on a project page in the York template - this is the best way I've found to make my site work - but Squarespace doesn't allow this specific combination for some reason. Does anyone have a good workaround for this? I'm not a coder and this is my first post here so please be kind!

10 hours ago, CatWoman said:

I don't think that you can add image blocks to a Project Page

You are correct.

What is disappointing is that there is a place to add a click through link to the projects but the York template is not exposing that URL in the code for the page.

There are two options.

Register a bug with SS. I think it unlikely SS would fix it.

Use custom JavaScript/CSS code to restructure the page to have links. I know of no code that currently does this.

Hi Creedon,

Thanks for your response. Yes, totally, it is unbelievably disappointing to see that there is a place to add click throughs and I have done this but they don't get picked up!

Er, so my two options are both duds?!!

So basically there are no workarounds for this annoying 'bug'?

I guess I'll try to raise it with SS but won't hold my breath! Anyone else out there have any other thoughts???

Thanks,

CatWoman

10 hours ago, CatWoman said:

So basically there are no workarounds for this annoying 'bug'?

There wasn't but there is now!

Please see Project Page Image Clickthrough Add.

Let us know how it goes.