Collections vs Pages

Hi everyone, i'm facing a strange technical problem I can't seem to find a workaround for. I am starting a website for some furniture products, but I'm only taking inquires instead of offering immediate purchase. The website therefore is meant to work much more like a gallery, exhibiting some details and descriptions of each design but mainly sharing image and video content. 

here's the URL: Ossoforms.com

I cannot seem to find the appropriate page type that suits all my needs:

The "Store" collection performs well in displaying a grid of products, but within subpages I cannot: 1.) remove price information 2.) change the "add to cart" button into an "inquire" email prompt, or 3.) display a video in a new section.

I do like how the product image gallery can lightbox images for a bigger display.

The “Blog” collection performs similarly well in displaying a grid of products, but each blog post subpage:

1.) has an unremovable date tag at the top of the page

2.) a carousel gallery that does not have the lightbox function

The layout is pretty flexible and I can add spacers where I want to in order to refine the design

The “Videos” collection does a great job in presenting the video content, but each subpage doesn’t

1.) allow extra sections to add additional photo gallery content or any kind of text.

The “Portfolio” collection presents the content well, but each subpage:

1.) struggles to link a gallery carousel like in the “Store” subpages. I tried linking to a blog with my product images, but when you intuitively click to achieve the lighbox function, you’re sent to a random blog page instead of staying in the portfolio subpage.

The layout is flexible because you can add sections and additional blocks (like video). I am also able to customize the “Inquire” button that begins to draft an inquiry email, which the “Store” subpages couldn’t perform.

Additionally, I’ve tried single standalone “Blank Pages” and while the customization is good, the gallery carousel has a fixed width across the page. Additionally, the blank pages seem to fail to “collate” into a clear grid layout within a folder collection. Instead, it creates the drop-down menu style on the homepage navigation.

Really hoping there’s a way to fix this- I remember the site styles and templates allowing for more flexibility in the past with a previous website I did. Perhaps there’s a way to get nitty gritty within the “Commerce” section so that the “Store” performs a little bit better, or somehow preventing a blog from opening when you click on a gallery image in the “Portfolio” subpages. Maybe I should revert to Squarespace 7.0, if possible, or change my template, if possible.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest sticking with a Store page if possible as that will give you the option to easily convert to selling online if desired.

Store

1.) remove price information

Use CSS. Many posts in the forum on this topic.

2.) change the "add to cart" button into an "inquire" email prompt

Please see the following items.

Product Enquiry Form Extension.

These are two different methods to solve a similar issue. Mine is a little more nuts and bolts, DIY. While @paul2009's is a more integrated, focused solution.

3.) display a video in a new section.

The product editor does have the Additional Info area where you could add videos.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.