I need this to NOT crop images seriously...

Screenshot2023-05-31at12-08-33HereThereBeDragons-NovelPre-OrderFiauraTheTankGirl.png.550669aa010fb0a722dabe6aed92d07c.png

Trying to put images from a book and it's cover into the shop and this is what it looks like after somoene clicks on it, This needs to not happen but I see NO option to actually remove the cropping effect and it is making me really consider just throwing the whole website away and finding a new hosting service.

• Replies 3
  • Views 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Fiaura said:

it is making me really consider just throwing the whole website away and finding a new hosting service.

Any mass market website builder will almost certainly have similar issues. Websites have to deal with a whole host image image dimension issues. Lots of size and orientation differences on the input side. Lots of different display devices, desktops, laptops, and cell phones. Not to mention that you can adjust the size of the browser window. It's mind boggling the number of permutations. So it's the nature of the beast that cropping happens in some circumstances. Its the square peg in the round hole kind of situation.

Now in your particular use case the cropping is obviously an issue.

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue.

A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

Please set up a site-wide password, if your site is not public and you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site.

Please read the site-wide password and how to share a link documentation to understand how they work.

We can then take a look at your issue.

You may find How to post a forum question post useful.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

May I suggest a solution? I would put a thick border around the image in the same background color as your website so that if any cropping happens, it will cut into the "invisible" border of your image and not the image you want to display. Just confirm for yourself that it still looks good on mobile, tablet and other devices people might access your website from.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you tried changing the aspect ratio for your photo by editing the product page? I had the same problem, and changing the aspect ratio fixed it. To do this, open the product page, click "edit design" from the edit dropdown, hover over the product and click "edit section", click on "aspect ratio" and select one of the choices. You might have to experiment to find the aspect ratio that works. I hope this advice helps, and that you haven't already thrown away your website. It took me 5 months, and a whole lot of trial and error, to make my website. It's definitely the hardest DYI project I've ever taken on.