iframe not embedding as embed link or code snippet

I'm trying to embed the ability to sign a waiver for a climbing gym (and eventually allow purchasing of memberships/passes) through the gym management program called Approach. Approach tells me to embed their code with instructions (screenshots of it below) but I've been unable to get this code to work.

I've attached screenshots of what I see when I try embedding their code snippet and when I try to use their embed link. When I save the changes and log out I just see the "loading" circle or nothing at all in the place I'm trying to embed the code. I tried saving/logging out/viewing as a guest and I either saw a loading circle or nothing at all. I see that the source website is https and so is ours so no mismatch there. 

For now I've been using a button to link to their website but I'd rather have it embedded so people don't have new windows pop open. 

I spoke with someone at Approach and they said its likely an issue on the Squarespace end of things as they haven't encountered other problems with their embed codes. 

Any ideas? My background isn't in web development but I've figured out a handful of glitches on the Squarespace end where my homepage was blocked from indexing that I had to figure out so I'm not sure if it's me (very possible) or not lol.

embeddataloading.png

embedlinkinvalid.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-30 at 10.04.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-30 at 10.04.23 AM.png

Edited by evolutionboulders
added info of troubleshooting attempts
  • Replies 7
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, creedon said:

Something seems to working.

ScreenShot2023-06-02at8_14_36PM.png.a578c8dfb2e65115b7873334d42dc46d.png

After you saw it working, I went to check. When I view it on Chrome it's still a loading circle...but when I use Safari I can see it the same as you and it works (but doesn't allow the second half of the page to load/allow me to scroll to it). What settings do you think could be blocking it on Chrome? 

Edited by evolutionboulders
1 hour ago, evolutionboulders said:

What settings do you think could be blocking it on Chrome?

I used Chrome. I don't know.

Do you have an ad blocker installed, in Chrome? Could it be blocking the iframe content?

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 8 months later...

Hi @creedon

Can you please take a look at my link here? I'm not sure how to change this in a way that would make it work and appear on my website. It's also an iFrame embed link and it wont appear at all. 

<iframe src="https://embeds.beehiiv.com/cfa1c848-74d4-4fdf-9e0c-0a4f86fa5106?slim=true" data-test-id="beehiiv-embed" height="52" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="margin: 0; border-radius: 0px !important; background-color: transparent;"></iframe>

Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 4.45.42 PM.png

1 hour ago, contactSD said:

Can you please take a look at my link here? I'm not sure how to change this in a way that would make it work and appear on my website. It's also an iFrame embed link and it wont appear at all.

On ny test site the code is doing something.

ScreenShot2024-02-12at3_53_55PM.png.f1fc5e2f8aa5b028ed040c1bcb306331.png

For us to see what might be happening on your site please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue. For us to see the URL you need to include the link in the content of your post. The URL field the forum software provides is not shown to us.

A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a URL that contains /config/.

Please set up a site-wide password, if your site is not public and you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site.

Please read the site-wide password and how to share a link documentation to understand how they work.

You may find How to post a forum question post useful.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.