Help Creating a Monthly Subscription to a product - no apply button?

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

I am trying to create a product with a subscription model. At the bottom of the page in the Checkout options there are options for Custom Button, Custom Forms, and Subscription. When I go into the Subscription option there is no Apply button.
How do I turn this into a subscription? What am I missing?

os apply.png

• Replies 23
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution
On 3/31/2023 at 5:53 PM, Guitarman181 said:

When I go into the Subscription option there is no Apply button.

image.thumb.png.fc271854753363bbdd80683b97d98ec5.png

Subscription products are only available on the Commerce Advanced plan. If you are on an Advanced billing plan and are still experiencing an issue, please contact Squarespace Customer Care directly. If you cannot located the support form, please read how to contact Squarespace.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

On 4/2/2023 at 10:49 AM, paul2009 said:

image.thumb.png.fc271854753363bbdd80683b97d98ec5.png

I can see the APPLY button today, so this may have been a temporary issue that has since been resolved.

If you are still experiencing an issue, please contact Squarespace Customer Care directly. If you cannot located the support form, please read how to contact Squarespace.

Do you subscribe to e-commerce advanced or just the basic e-commerece?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is there a pay-in-full AND subscription (payment plan) option inside of the SAME PRODUCT at checkout?  

My client would like to offer her clients the opportunity to pay-in-full for her product (a coaching service) OR make 6-month payments toward the some product. Her service is not a membership. She has a Basic Commerce plan.

Is this possible?

I edited her product and tried to add the subscription option to it, but there is no "APPLY" button to apply the changes (discussed in another thread). And furthermore, I'm not certain this adds the option versus adding it while taking away the option to pay-in-full. She would like BOTH.

Thanks! 

Edited by kristyfountain
update link.
10 hours ago, kristyfountain said:

I have the same issue for my client's site. She's on a basic Commerce plan. So does that mean she cannot have this option without upgrading?

Correct. Subscription products are only available on the Commerce Advanced plan.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

9 minutes ago, kristyfountain said:

Does the subscription option also allow for pay in full on the same product?

No. You'll need to add two separate products - one subscription product and one standard product, and link from one to the other within the product description.

Note that subscriptions are processed separately through the checkout (due to the complexity of the payment method) so customers cannot purchase a subscription product and a standard product at the same time.

11 hours ago, ClareWalter said:

I'm trying to set this product up as a recurring subscription. I can change it in the pop-up box but there's nowhere to hit 'Save'.

Are you on the Advanced Commerce plan, as explained above? Subscription products can only be added when you're on this billing plan.

• 1 month later...

Have you upgraded your website to the Commerce Advanced plan? Subscriptions require this higher plan.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Oyoyoyi said:

Has this issue been resolved?

Please see the answer above: