Site not showing on search

Hi All, 

My site is still still not showing up on Google's search results after many weeks. My sitemap has been submitted and approved as well. Can you please advise is there is anything about my site that needs to be optimized? I am looking to rank for the following search terms, "Jennifer Joss" and "Jumping Curves". 

Thank you!

• Replies 8
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi @JJ_Curves,

Don't worry at all about this - you're not alone here. There are many reasons why Google may not index your website. Below I've listed some things to look at.

• Content: How many words does your homepage have? Pages with <300 words are class as "thin" and are unlikely to rank on Google
  • Domain authority: How many backlinks (links from other websites) does your website have, and what's its domain authority? If your site is new, then it's unlikely to be noticed by Google until it has enough backlinks and provides enough value.
  • Internal linking: As @ChristineDarby mentioned above, have you added links from other website pages to your homepage? This makes it more likely you'll rank.
  • Value: How much value do your pages provide? Google makes money by ranking good pages on Google and people continually returning and viewing ads. If you don't provide value, people won't like it, and Google will make less money. Therefore, provide maximal value in your pages.
  • Indexing: Have you indexed your website on Google Search Console? You said you've submitted it, but have you done it correctly? Feel free to follow the below video to learn more.

Henry Purchase

Founder of SEOSpace - the SEO plugin for Squarespace.

Get a Free Squarespace SEO Audit: https://www.seospace.co.uk/squarespace-seo-audit-score

image.png.f2cf8f5bd8cb76803cb561be0b303142.png

All URLs on the site mentioned above are indexed. 

Edited by Collaborada
clarity

Have SEO questions? Chances are we've written about it! Try a quick Google search to find our advice. Or for personalized support, see our consulting and training sessions.  Official Squarespace Experts since 2014 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/21/2023 at 1:12 AM, RedFoxBandit said:

Hey,

I've recently launched a site for a client and followed the best practice for SEO.

However, the site isn't showing at all when searching.

Any advice appreciated.

Hey @RedFoxBandit - checkout the post above, I answered this in detail, but happy to answer any additional questions.

Henry Purchase

Founder of SEOSpace - the SEO plugin for Squarespace.

Get a Free Squarespace SEO Audit: https://www.seospace.co.uk/squarespace-seo-audit-score

image.png.f2cf8f5bd8cb76803cb561be0b303142.png

• 2 weeks later...

There are a few potential reasons for this. It's possible that your site is new and hasn't had time to be indexed by Google yet. It's also possible that your site doesn't have any inbound links, which can stop it from appearing in search results. If you are concerned about your site's visibility, I recommend to reaching out web designing pro and consult with SEO expert ,They have different tools and technique for appearing in search engine result pages.