Why emails storage from same form are differents ?

Why do I experiment this behavior and is it annoying for others than me ?

I have forms on my SquareSpace website, with a storage conf as email, so when a visitor submit a form I receive an email with the elements he filled. Some fields are required, some are not.

Sometimes, for one and unique form, I receive an email containing all fields (even if some of them are empty) and other times, some fields (not required ones apparently) are missing.

It is very difficult to exploit the data if the structure if not always the same !

Anyone has a solution to this ?

On 5/17/2023 at 4:00 PM, Alex_1 said:

Sometimes, for one and unique form, I receive an email containing all fields...and other times, some fields (not required ones apparently) are missing.

Squarespace updated the Form Block this month (May 2023). Form submissions from the new Form Block currently only include fields that were populated. If a user leaves an optional field blank, the empty field label is not included in the form submission. This is a bug.

Update 5 June 2023: This bug has now been fixed.ย 

Edited by paul2009
Bug fixed

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been aย Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design โ™ฅ.
Work: I founded and runย SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website.ย 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below.ย Coffeeย is optional.

On 5/17/2023 at 4:14 PM, Alex_1 said:

Do you know why Squarespaceย  made this change ?

I recommend that you reach out viaย Squarespace Customer Careย using a support ticket.

ย 

Is it possible to use the old version of the form block ?

Customer Care may be able to restore the old form block temporarily. Contact them as describedย above.

ย 

Can you share a workaround to have the old behavior back ?

This behaviour is a bug.ย 

ย 

Did this help?ย Please give feedback by clicking an iconย belowย ย โฌ‡๏ธ

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been aย Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design โ™ฅ.
Work: I founded and runย SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website.ย 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below.ย Coffeeย is optional.

1 hour ago, paul2009 said:

Squarespace updated the Form Block this month (May 2023). When using the new version of the Form Block, submissions will only include fields that were populated.

How do you know this ?

I already Exchanged a lot with Squarespace Customer Care and they never mentioned that !

Edited by Alex_1
complete message
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2023 at 4:05 PM, paul2009 said:

If a user leaves an optional field blank, the empty field label is not included in the form submission. This is a bug.

@Alex_1 This bug has now been fixed.

Edited by paul2009

18 hours ago, paul2009 said:

This bug has now been fixed.

Can you be more specific ?

I was working on a workaround, so I will appreciate more details to decide if I had to finish it or not.

How it is supposed to work from now ?

Is this may evolve in the future ?

When has it been fixed ?

And again, how do you know that ?

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Alex_1 said:

the template of email storage changed...

But more important, the bug is back !ย Canย you fix it again please ?

Thanks for flagging this for other users, although I am not seeing the same bug as before. When I test it, I see empty forms; they aren't missing.

image.thumb.png.e1d1c0feaa43172001be23ed8903a985.png

Are you seeing something different?ย 

Squarespace doesnโ€™t use this forum to track bug reports so, if you are experiencing an issue, you're encouraged to inform Squarespace directly byย raising a ticket through Squarespace Customer Support. (I donโ€™t work for Squarespace, so Iโ€™m not in a position to fix it.)

Edited by paul2009

6 hours ago, paul2009 said:

Thanks for flagging this for other users, although I am not seeing the same bug as before. When I test it, I see empty forms; they aren't missing.

image.thumb.png.e1d1c0feaa43172001be23ed8903a985.png

Are you seeing something different?ย 

It is weird, because some empty fields appeared in the email and other do not.

The same is visible in the new section /config/profiles/form-submitters

See attached files from this form : https://www.alex.qualitel.org/devis

(for the same form obviously)

ย 

userA - Copie.png

userA-email - Copie.png

userB - Copie.png

userB-email - Copie.png