Link old URL to built SquareSpace site

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Need help..

Old website with 1and1.. I don't need anything from old website.

1. I have built a SquareSpace site -  https://aaihomeplans.squarespace.com/

2. Transferred my domain from Network Solutions to Squarespace 

3. When anyone types "www.aaihomeplans" in their browser, I want them to arrive at my Squarespace site (with the correct name displayed in the address bar) 

I think I need to edit the Custom records section on my aaihomeplans domain setting page (attached) as I see 1and1 entries in "custom records".  I will cancel that hosting account asap.. What do I put where so it works..?

MANY THANKS..

5-16-2023 9-18-25 AM.png

Edited by DoAndBecome
  • Solution
16 hours ago, DoAndBecome said:

1. I have built a SquareSpace site -  https://abdul-garuba.squarespace.com/
2. Transferred my domain from Network Solutions to Squarespace 
3. When anyone types "www.aaihomeplans" in their browser, I want them to arrive at my Squarespace site

From what I can see, the domain settings look correct, but the site (or page) visibility is set to password-protected.

The built-in domain has been changed from abdul-garuba.squarespace.com to aaihomeplans.squarespace.com and this is now reached from www.aaihomeplans.com. If you remove the password, it should work. 

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.