website not showing on internet although saying published.

I have no doubt this has been covered numerous times before - I apologise for repeating it before all those forum  knights mount their steeds and point their sharpened lances in the direction of topic 1 of 1827. I have neither the time nor inclination to search - I have ILD, am on oxygen therapy and literally have limited time.

My domain has been transferred to Squarespace, in  my dashboard its shows as being published and yet it doesn't appear on the internet. 

Squarespace provides no means of contacting them directly, unless you can answer a question in a drop down list which doesn't include my problem.  I find this totally unacceptable in 2023. Although it seems to be more and more the way. Do you guys out there feel you should be paying for a service one the one hand and then providing  the customer support for free? I don't!

Any answers to me query would be gratefully received.

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Photog73 said:

Squarespace provides no means of contacting them directly, unless you can answer a question in a drop down list which doesn't include my problem.

Pick anything, then anything for the second dropdown, then click on live chat. (there is an option for domain problems if you want to be specific). Squarespace absolutely provides good customer support.

25 minutes ago, Photog73 said:

My domain has been transferred to Squarespace, in  my dashboard its shows as being published and yet it doesn't appear on the internet. 

What do you mean by "doesn't appear on the internet"?

What is your domain? What is your Squarespace built-in domain?

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

Thanks for the reply.

Firstly let me say a simple email contact form is good customer support not the convoluted and non logical procedure you describe.

As to your question what does "doesn't appear on internet"?  It simply means when I type in petermorleyphotography.com my website does not appear and this has recently changed to display the message "website has expired". There is an owner login label - when this is pressed it takes me to a trial site on square space - not the one I have published.

Hope this helps and you can provide a solution.

17 minutes ago, Photog73 said:

As to your question what does "doesn't appear on internet"?  It simply means when I type in petermorleyphotography.com my website does not appear and this has recently changed to display the message "website has expired". There is an owner login label - when this is pressed it takes me to a trial site on square space - not the one I have published.

It sounds like you have connected your domain to the wrong website. Log in to the correct paid website, go to Settings and Domain and check if it's listed there. If not you'll have to move it from the expired website to the new one.

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205812198-Squarespace-domains-overview

19 minutes ago, Photog73 said:

simple email contact form is good customer support not the convoluted and non logical procedure you describe

It's two clicks longer than strickly necessary, but at least you don't have to chat to an AI bot for 10 minutes until it gives up and connects you to a human...

Zygmunt Spray
Contact me: 

11 hours ago, Photog73 said:

Sorry this links to purchasing a domain name?

I sent you a link to general support info on Domains, try this FAQ about domains attached to your websites:

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205812208#toc-which-site-is-my-domain-attached-to-

Edited by Ziggy

Zygmunt Spray
Contact me: