Square POS Register with Squarespace

Hi - moving my e-commerce site from another provider to Squarespace with Square as the payment processor.   I'm trying to figure out how to manage inventory.   I have a Square Register and not sure how inventory from an Square sale on a register button updates the Squarespace inventory.   Where is the inventory managed?  thanks!

On 5/9/2023 at 4:51 PM, madelyns said:

moving my e-commerce site from another provider to Squarespace with Square as the payment processor. 

Squarespace commerce only supports Stripe and PayPal as a payment processor. You will not be able take online payments using Square payments on Squarespace commerce. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 8 months later...

I'm searching for the same answer too!

From what I understand, the Square card readers integrate with your Squarespace site via the Squarespace app, so inventory is managed by your site.

But with the Register or Terminal systems, they appear to be self-contained and seem to NOT integrate with Squarespace. Meaning there are 2x separate, non-synced inventories (one with Square's POS set up in-store, and one online with Squarespace), plus 2x separate payment processing (online vide paypal/stripe, and in person via Square's register/terminal).

If I find an answer I'll come back.
If anyone else has a solution to this please let us know.

Edited by Brendanmkav
On 1/14/2024 at 6:33 PM, Brendanmkav said:

From what I understand, the Square card readers integrate with your Squarespace site via the Squarespace app, so inventory is managed by your site.

But with the Register or Terminal systems, they appear to be self-contained and seem to NOT integrate with Squarespace.

The distinction to make is whether someone is already using the Square POS platform for point of sale transactions, or whether they aspire to use a POS system.

If they are already using the Square POS platform for in-person transactions (as the original poster was) then they can't integrate their POS system directly with Squarespace. However, there's a third party extension available called SKU IQ that can synchronise inventory between Squarespace and Square POS (also Clover or Lightspeed) but there's an additional charge for this (around US$35/month for up to 100 orders, at the time of writing).

If they don't have a POS system, and they are based in the USA, they can purchase a Square POS Reader and use this with the Squarespace App to take in-person payments directly on Squarespace. This avoids the need to have two separate inventory management systems but, as I mentioned above, it will only be available in the US for the foreseeable future.

I hope this helps.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 months later...

I'm also dealing with this. I'm working with a nonprofit organization that has a physical storefront, online sales, and a donation platform. For the donations, they needed options for recurring payments, so they are using Givebutter to process donations. They use Stripe for online e-commerce sales and now it's confirmed that they have to use Square (a platform they just transitioned away from) for POS in their storefront.

Transitioning to Squarespace was supposed to make their processes easier to manage 🥴