Choose a portfolio template

• 2 weeks later...

I think Forte is quite appropriate for your work. Horizontal scrolling is not all that usual, so it makes your site unique. If you did want an update, something a bit more flashy then I would suggest Momentum or Carson, both on the 7.0 platform which I still use myself. 

https://momentum-demo.squarespace.com/

Edited by derricksrandomviews
On 5/9/2023 at 2:16 PM, Faunesque said:

I want to change my portfolio and was wondering if you guys recommend any templates ?

Although there are some great classic template designs on version 7.0 of Squarespace, if you're building a new website in 2023 then I strongly recommend using one of the newer portfolio templates on version 7.1.

Squarespace 7.0 has been a great platform for many years, but the templates were designed some time ago (Wexley is nearly 11 years old) and a lot has changed in web technology in that time. If you build your site on an older version 7.0 template it will still look beautiful but you won't have access to all the newer 7.1 features:

• Improved SEO
  • Fluid Engine - the next generation website design tool.
  • Better language support and integrated third party translation with Weglot. 
  • Colours and consistency are much easier to manage with Colour Themes and section backgrounds
  • Many new design features (too many to mention!) including text highlights, animations, section dividers, background art, new cart icons and more.
  • You can design more quickly by copying content with saved sections
  • You can add video backgrounds hosted on Squarespace (no need for YouTube or Vimeo)

If you plan to sell your work online, 7.1 also has:

• Store page support for up to 10,000 products (instead of 200 products on version 7.0)
  • New Product Detail Page layouts

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 4 months later...
5 hours ago, DarrenF said:

Is it easy to convert an existing site to Version 7.1?

Not currently. See Moving from Squarespace version 7.0 to version 7.1.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.