Hide product from coming up in sites search bar results

Hi!

I need to hide some of my 'products' from coming up in our sites search bar results. They need to remain 'public' so my wholesalers can find them but I don't want the general public to find them as the prices are for wholesale buyers only. I currently have a password protected 'page' (which is stored in the 'not unlinked' section) on our ecommerce site where wholesaler order, however we are starting to get general retail customers order here too. They can bypass the password / unlinked page by doing a search on the search bar and finding the wholesale product that way. 

Is it possible to hide these from the search bar???

Thanks! 

Screenshot 2023-05-09 at 3.09.52 pm.png

• Replies 1
  • Views 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Remindables said:

I need to hide some of my 'products' from coming up in our sites search bar results. I currently have a password protected 'page' on our ecommerce site where wholesaler order, however we are starting to get general retail customers order here too.

Visitors cannot use the search tool to search within password protected pages because the password will block it. Even if they had a link to the wholesale product on a protected page, users wouldn’t be able to reach the content unless they knew the password.

Perhaps some of your wholesale content has been accidentally duplicated on the public shop page? For example, I found this on on the ‘shop’ page:

https://www.remindables.com.au/shop/communication-set-7t5jb

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.