Is there a way to make a Squarespace URL redirect to another site?

Go to solution Solved by creedon,

(I've been browsing some of the other redirect-related topics and it doesn't seem like they're quite what I'm looking for)

On my website, I have a link in my top navigation that users can click and be redirected to my newsletter signup form (there's also a newsletter signup pop-up that appears about halfway down the home page, but the link is available as well).

Instead of telling people to go to my site and look for the link or the pop-up if they want to subscribe to my newsletter, what I'd love to be able to do is create a URL associated with my site (e.g. www.ejfisch.com/newsletter) that doesn't connect to any existing site page but instead redirects to my MailChimp form URL. Is this possible?

The way I've got it set up now with the navigation link and the pop-up isn't bad, per se, but it seems like it would be easier to say "just go to EJ Fisch dot com slash newsletter" rather than have to explain the extra steps.

I'm an indie science fiction author using Squarespace as my website platform.

Update the code below with the correct link and inject it into the header of the page you want to forward. Keep in mind this will auto-forward you even in edit mode from your Squarespace dashboard, so do this step last.

<script>
    setTimeout(function(){
    window.location.href = 'https://YOURLINK';
    }, 5000);
</script>

And that reminds me I need to update my own author page.

• Solution

You don't need JavaScript for this. Use SS's URL Redirects feature.

/newsletter -> https://www.example.com/ 301

The key for this to work is that /newsletter CAN NOT exists as a page on your site.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 2 weeks later...