Turn off lazy loading for the main image on my homepage

Hi, I noticed the main image on my homepage only loads after scrolling down. This makes my website at an initial glance look empty, which I don't like. 

I found out it's because of 'lazy loading', but I don't know how to change this in CSS (or better, squarespace's interface). Can someone help me with the code to turn off lazy loading for this specific image? 

This is the website: https://octagon-vuvuzela-9eam.squarespace.com/

This is what I tried so far (which did not work):

#block-884a04f5e7bf1fd4f702 .img {
    loading: eager !important; }

Edited by bitsst
  • Replies 8
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, tuanphan said:

Design > Site Styles > Animation > Choose None

image.png.7cb1d90a8e27138e6bc8bcc1cd73ef76.png

Hi Tuanphan! Thanks a lot for reaching out again, you're the best! 

Unfortunately Animations is already set to none, so I'm sure that's not it.. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2023 at 8:51 AM, tuanphan said:

Try adding this to Design > Custom CSS

body.homepage .image-block {
    transform: unset !important;
    opacity: 1 !important;
    transition-delay: unset !important;
    transition: unset !important;
}

I tried many things and now somehow it has been solved! Not really sure what did the trick. I'll save this for future reference! Thank you!

• 3 months later...

Hey, i seem to be having the same issue. I just got set up on Ezoic, and they have contacted me to say I need to turn off lazy loading for my site, but I can't find any setting to do this. It is also conflicting with something called Leap as part of Ezoic and my web core vitals are awful! Any one know how i can turn this Lazy loading off on my site?

8 hours ago, MattMTR said:

Hey, i seem to be having the same issue. I just got set up on Ezoic, and they have contacted me to say I need to turn off lazy loading for my site, but I can't find any setting to do this. It is also conflicting with something called Leap as part of Ezoic and my web core vitals are awful! Any one know how i can turn this Lazy loading off on my site?

8 hours ago, MattMTR said:

ezoic has its own speed optimisation plugin. d you tried that?

17 hours ago, MattMTR said:

If 7.0, you can find it in Website > Design > Sites Styles > Ajax Loading

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)