Can Delivery Location Be Detected by Credit Card Only?

Hello!

I am helping a client that is a florist, and they do local delivery of their arrangements. I've added all the shipping/delivery areas with costs, but the client doesn't like that the customer has to pick which region they want delivery for, as on their old website you could just input the delivery address and the delivery costs would be automatically calculated. 

Would appreciate any advice on this, as I'm not sure if this is something that disappeared in the 7.0 update.

Thanks!

• Replies 1
  • Views 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, AbbeyS said:

I've added all the shipping/delivery areas with costs, but the client doesn't like that the customer has to pick which region they want delivery for, as on their old website you could just input the delivery address and the delivery costs would be automatically calculated.

If they are on the Commerce Advanced plan and are based in the United States, Canada, or Australia, you can determine shipping costs automatically based in the shipping address that they enter. Shipping zones can be created for specific states, provinces, cities, and postal codes. In other regions, shipping zones cannot be more specific than ‘country’.

See creating shipping zones

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance