Did you always want to start a business?

Life comes with many twists and turns, and we often don’t end up where we think we would have. When it comes to starting a business, some folks know they want to start a business and others discover this along the way through a hobby that took off or a moment of serendipity.  

Did you always want to start a business or did you discover something that made you want to start a business? Share your story in the comments.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 2
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always been a creative person, and I've always loved making things. I remember when I was a child, I would spend hours in my dad's  workshop, making all sorts of things from wood, metal, and other materials. I loved the feeling of taking something from an idea in my head and turning it into a real, tangible object.

As I got older, I started to think about how I could turn my love of making things into a career. I knew that I didn't want to work in a traditional office job, so I started to explore the idea of starting my own business.

I did a lot of research, and I eventually decided to focus on personalised gifts. I loved the idea of being able to create something unique and special for each of my customers. I also knew that there was a growing demand for personalised gifts, so I felt like I was onto something.

I started Retrosheep.com in 2003, and I've been loving it ever since. I get to work with all sorts of different people, and I get to create all sorts of amazing things. I'm so grateful that I was able to turn my passion into a career, and I can't wait to see what the future holds for Retrosheep.

What advice would I give to someone who wants to start their own business?

If you're thinking about starting your own business, here are a few pieces of advice that I would give you:

Do your research. Before you do anything else, you need to do your research and make sure that there's a market for your product or service. You also need to understand the financial and legal implications of starting a business.
Be passionate about your product or service. If you're not passionate about what you're doing, it will be very difficult to succeed. You need to be able to stay motivated even when things get tough.
Be prepared to work hard. Starting a business is a lot of work. You'll need to be prepared to put in long hours and make sacrifices.
Don't give up. There will be times when you want to give up. But if you're truly passionate about your business, you'll find a way to keep going.

If you're looking for a unique and personalised gift, be sure to check out my website at Retrosheep.com . I'm sure I have something that's perfect for you!

Check out my YouTube Channel  @retrosheep where i post all my Handmade and Just Made Items 

Diolch, 😃

Cher Retrosheep.com

• 2 months later...

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.