Problem formatting text

Hi, I recently started building a website through squarespace and I'm having ridiculous amounts of problems trying to format text. My most recently is trying to change the size of a title, but it's changing the size of the whole paragraph. Yesterday I was struggling for a long time with trying to remove the number (like a 1. before a next paragraph 2.) before title, and it just wouldn't let me. After a while i found a workaround but then It wouldn't let me use a 1. without it formatting it to the standard 1. 2. 3 list that wasn't working at all.

Are these bugs that just I am experiencing, or is this a problem for everyone? If for everyone, how does anybody live with this? I'm having a lot more problems than just with text formatting tbh. I have really just wanted to throw in the towel and switch service several times but at this point I don't have the time to start over.

I attached a video of the problem with the paragraphs I'm having today, hoping someone have some insight in what I might be doing wrong that could help me in my other text formatting problems as well.

Thanks on beforehand

• Replies 3
  • Views 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Forum users are not really able to address technical issues. We're not having any issue formatting text in any of the sites we manage, so you might want to reach out to support.

However, I see a couple things you might try.

On your first issue, if you are using any browser extensions, you might want to try disabling them one at a time and see if that fixes the text editing issue. Otherwise, reach out to support.

On your second issue, I can say from experience that Fluid Engine, the Squarespace drag-and-drop editor, is very resource-heavy. Having 30+ tabs open really puts a strain on your browser (and RAM, depending on your machine). That might account for the load error, or at least I'd try closing most or all of those, rebooting, and see if you still have the issue.

Oh right, I'll try support also.

Yeah my ram is not that good anyway, so makes sense what u said with all the tabs open. Also mostly have photoshop open at the same time.

Thanks for ur tips, ill get back here when I've tried them!