"Featured Image" on Home Screen zoomed in

Hello, 

I've added a "featured image" to my home screen. It's cropped in to make the image appear zoomed in. I've resized a few times in photoshop (both making the canvas size larger and smaller) and non appear so that the image is sized to not cut off my width. 

Suggestions on resizing for the "featured image"? Thanks in advance

Edited by madi_delk
  • Replies 8
  • Views 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
On 4/25/2023 at 4:53 PM, madi_delk said:

Hello, 

I've added a "featured image" to my home screen. It's cropped in to make the image appear zoomed in. I've resized a few times in photoshop (both making the canvas size larger and smaller) and non appear so that the image is sized to not cut off my width. 

Suggestions on resizing for the "featured image"? Thanks in advance

I am having the same problem. It is happening off and on with the featured images not loading properly. https://officeproducts.squarespace.com/
pw: officeproductstdc

On 6/2/2023 at 3:43 PM, thedowntowncreative said:

I am having the same problem. It is happening off and on with the featured images not loading properly. https://officeproducts.squarespace.com/
pw: officeproductstdc

Here is a video that shows the featured images randomly zoom in after a second or two. Sometimes it is only one row of posts, sometimes it is multiple rows. Sometimes it doesn't happen! Probably half of the time now.

Any ideas anyone? Thanks for any thoughts towards resolving this

3 hours ago, thedowntowncreative said:

Here is a video that shows the featured images randomly zoom in after a second or two.

I took the liberty of converting your video into a format more people can view. Many folks don't have the ability to view macOS videos.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

On 6/6/2023 at 11:45 AM, thedowntowncreative said:

Any ideas anyone? Thanks for any thoughts towards resolving this

I was unable to reproduce what you showed in the video.

Have you viewed your site in Private browsing to see if it happens there?

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

On 6/6/2023 at 6:11 PM, creedon said:

I was unable to reproduce what you showed in the video.

Have you view your site in Private browsing to see if it happens there?

Let us know how it goes.

Creedon,

Huge thanks for your attention to this. It seems to be fine during private browsing..during which I've tried clicking all around and cannot make the glitch happen like previously. Somewhat reassuring, but what does this mean?

1 minute ago, creedon said:

The cause is either custom code or an SS bug.

Probably the former. The section is set up to operate 3/4 width, which in turn left the subsequent blog "posts" 3/4 by default, which was also offset and not centered as well until I applied css to center them. 
Are the images needing to resize with the custom code, and sometime can't keep up?