need checkout more useable for a florist

hi - we have been using squarespace for online ordering for a flower shop.  I would like to know if there are different templates that are more geared to the checkout of a florist, that would deal with deliveries especially.  Currently doing a work around with the shipping address, etc., but it is very awkward and confusing for the consumer.

We are considering changing websites, but would like to explore this with squarespace first to see if we can come up with something that works.

Or would like to know if this is something that we could pay a coder to customize for us.

3 hours ago, LoreleiHoffarth said:

I would like to know if there are different templates that are more geared to the checkout of a florist

On the Squarespace platform, there is one checkout that is used by all templates. Changing templates, or Squarespace versions, will not change the features that are available at the checkout. 

Most florists use a custom product form to gather delivery information, such as the delivery date, and any special instructions, and this can work quite well if customers typically purchase one product per order.

Have you tried this? What problems are you experiencing? A link to the site may help us to understand the context better.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance

thank you.. sorry I thought I put the site in.  www.newhopeyql.org.

For instance something as simple as being able to change 'shipping address' to 'Deliver to address' would help.    and to be able to specify that the phone # that we are requesting is the phone # of the person we are delivering to, so that we can call to make sure they are home.

We do have a custom form where they can put in the card message and the date for delivery, but in there we have to put a note that they must go back and put the delivery address into the shipping, so that they know that.  and then we also do not have a place where the person making the purchase can put in their own phone #.

It would be better if under delivery method, we could put delivery or pick up, and then if if is a delivery, then it asks for the other info, and not base the delivery method on the shipping address... it just doesnt make sense for this type of an order.

You can go ahead and try it out, without putting the sale through.  Pretend you are someone wanting to order flower to be delivered to your mom on mothers day, and that you live in a different city then she does.  Also not, as I said above, we call the person receiving the bouquet before we deliver, to make sure they will be home.

Thanks

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, ShaneLC said:

I am also looking for a way to get this done.

What are your requirements?

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance