• 8 months later...
  • Replies 2
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The same thing happened to me. Super frustrating to have to wade through a sea of separate articles on both squarespace and Google Workspace ( which are not in sync by the way ) and then continually have to wait 72 hours and still see Google wont verify the verification code they give you to place as a TXT in the MX records. 

Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 1.01.53 PM.png

With the help of a Google Support Employee ( actual human ) that I accessed via chat ( you have to wade though all of the automated AI support topics and just click on Need more help option ). I was able top determine that the Verification code that was supplied to me in the "Activate Gmail" tool was not the verification code you need to add to the MX TXT records. Instead in your Google Admin panel go to Accounts > Manage Accounts and click on the "Verify" button next to the domain you want verified.  In the next screen will be the ACTUAL verification code you need to copy and paste into the TXT file. After you copy and paste the ACTUAL verification code into that TXT file, go back to the Google Accounts Window where you copied the code from and click the "PROTECT ACCOUNT" button. That will verify your squarespace domain with Google Workspace. 

I left feedback that the verification process is super confusing and frustrating with the employee and on the site, hopefully they will fix it. 

Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 2.27.22 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 2.33.50 PM.png